Employment Forms

Completing Employment Forms

All hiring documents must be completed and you must be "cleared to work" by Human Resources before your first day of work.

I-9 Form (if applicable)

Federal regulations require our Human Resources Office to collect documentation that verifies the employee's identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to employment. Students must present original identification documents (no copies) to Human Resources. Appropriate documents include your U.S. Passport, or your social security card or birth certificate, in addition to an ID, such as a driver's license. I-9 Forms are available at the Human Resources Department.

W-4 Form

Students need to submit a W-4 form for federal tax withholding purposes. As instructed by the Social Security Administration, the name on the W-4 form must match the name on your social security card. You must complete the form using your permanent home address, not your campus mailbox.

If you have trouble filling out this form, we suggest contacting a parent or a legal guardian if they claim you on their taxes or contacting a tax consultant. There are special instructions for international students completing the International Student W-4 form. If you have questions regarding your W-4, contact the Payroll Department.

Direct Deposit Enrollment Form

Pomona College students are strongly encouraged to participate in the Direct Deposit program. This program enables your paycheck to be deposited directly into your personal bank account automatically, on your payday. If you would like to enroll, please complete the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form [pdf] and enclose a voided check or an official form or letter from your bank listing your name, account number and bank routing number.

For further information, please refer to the Payroll Department's Direct Deposit Guide [pdf].

If you are a returning student and you signed up for direct deposit last year, you will be set up with direct deposit automatically this year. You will need to submit an updated direct deposit form if you have changed your bank account or would like to cancel your direct deposit.

After these documents have been submitted, please review the Pomona College Substance Abuse Policy [pdf].


If you have any questions regarding employment forms or the Student Employment program, contact the Office of Financial Aid at (909) 621-8205 or financial.aid@pomona.edu.

If you have any questions regarding the W-4 or Direct Deposit forms, please contact the Payroll Department: Lawrence Youhanna may be contacted at x73408; and Marty Black at x75904.