To provide Pomona College with guidance to develop and implement the appropriate protective safeguards to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Pomona College assets and information.
Pomona College performs maintenance on the Pomona College system, system components and any assets providing security functionality to the system and its components. Proper maintenance is essential to the performance and availability of the Pomona College system.
- Schedules, performs, documents, and reviews records of maintenance and repairs on the Pomona College system’s components in accordance with manufacturer or vendor specifications and/or organizational requirements
- Pomona College approves and monitors all maintenance activities, whether performed on site or remotely and whether the equipment is serviced on site or removed to another location
- Pomona College approves, controls, and monitors system maintenance tools.
- Maintenance tools carried into the facility by maintenance personnel are inspected for improper or unauthorized modifications.
- Pomona College checks media containing diagnostic and test programs for malicious code before the media are used in the Pomona College system.
- Pomona College establishes a process for maintenance personnel authorization and maintains a list of authorized maintenance organizations and personnel
- Pomona College ensures that non-escorted personnel performing maintenance on the Pomona College system have required access authorizations
- All remote maintenance must be approved and it will be monitored